1. What is your favorite hobby? How has that made an impact on your life?
My favorite hobby is shopping and being with family and friends.
2. As a wheelchair user, how do you advocate for yourself?
I advocate for myself by getting out of bed every morning and choosing not to let my disability hinder me from being active and present in my life. I advocate for myself by going out, being proud, and loving the skin that I am in. After all, I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
3. What advice would you give to younger girls that are also in a wheelchair and considering joining the Ms. Wheelchair America competition?
I would advise young girls to make sure that this is what you want. Then I would tell them to go full throttle. Take every opportunity to get exposure. Network. Be humble. Be sincere with your intentions, forgiving, appreciative, and passionate.
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
Nothing. My weaknesses help strengthen me and my strengths help motivate me to be better. Changing something about yourself means taking away what makes you unique.
5. What was your favorite vacation and why?
I haven’t gone on a vacation yet, but anywhere with my family would be perfect.