yoocan - Andrea Sanz - How I Went Into Septic Shock After Giving Birth To My Daughter
חיי היומיום וניידות

How I Went Into Septic Shock After Giving Birth To My Daughter

חסר תרגום בשפה עברית. מוצגת שפה אנגלית

Andrea Sanz

Septic Shock Was Definitely A Shock!

A day after I gave birth to my daughter, I started feeling really sick. As much as I kept telling the nurses & doctors that I wasn’t feeling well, they would not take me seriously. I fought very hard to stay in the hospital, but they discharged me.

My condition grew worse by the minute, and the next morning I couldn't even walk. I had to be carried into the car, and my mom rushed me to the emergency room. From there I was sent to the ICU. After several tests and x-rays, the doctors realized I was in severe septic shock and cardiac arrest. My lungs were filling up quickly with fluid, my heart was growing bigger and bigger, and I wasn't able to breathe anymore so I had to be put on life support. The doctor came in and told my family to say their goodbyes because I was extremely sick.

Since there was nothing more the hospital could do, they flew me to a better one in Nashville. I had an emergency Hysterectomy, and my heart stopped while I was in surgery. By the grace of God, the doctors were able to bring me back to life. I was attached to a heart pump and lung machine called an ECMO. I went back into surgery due to heavy hemorrhages. I also had lots of blood transfusions, and was in a coma for almost two weeks. Once I woke up, I thought I was still pregnant, and the first thing I saw next to me was my family and boyfriend. They kept showing me photos of my daughter, but I couldn’t remember her, nor what had happened. I was still intubated so I couldn't talk, and I would just cry. A few days later I was able to remember my baby, but then I started crying because I had been far away from her for three months.

Life After Septic Shock

A week after I woke up from my coma. I was in the ICU for a few weeks, and a total of almost three months in the hospital. I had to learn how to eat and walk again. I couldn’t even lift up my own head, and the pain was unbearable (it still is). I missed out on three precious months with my only child!

I'm blessed enough to still be here and be alive to tell my story. I had so many people praying for me. All my organs had shut down, doctors didn’t know if I'd be able to walk or be normal again, and I only had a 2% chance of living, but here I am! I was close to losing my right foot, but by the grace of God I only had one toe amputated! I’ll never be able to have kids again, and I still have not gained my full balance back yet. I'm still having to do rehab so I can walk normally. Im still not able to walk around holding my baby, but I'll get there someday. I have my family and boyfriend supporting me every step of the way.

Please never doubt the power of prayer because God sure does listen! God guided the doctors and nurses to save me, and they did! I'll be forever grateful for the hospital staff in Nashville! This story is to educate people that doctors and nurses need to listen to their patients more often! #Sepsis needs to be known because we lose so many people this way.

תגיות: , ,

העצימו אחרים!

שתפו את הסיפור הזה כדי לעזור לשנות את חייו של מישהו

ברוכים הבאים ל-YOOCAN

הקהילה מספר 1 בעולם לשיתוף חוויות וידע לאנשים עם מוגבלויות, כך שאף אחד לא ירגיש שהוא לבד. יחד אנחנו יכולים לעשות כל דבר!

על ידי יצירת חשבון אתם מסכימים לתנאי השימוש ולמדיניות פרטיות.