1. What is your favorite hobby? How has that made an impact on your life?
My favorite hobby is painting. It has given me the opportunity to express all of my emotions that I cannot put into words. Plus, it’s so rewarding to see sad emotions turn into something beautiful.
2. As a wheelchair user, how do you advocate for yourself?
I advocate for myself by speaking up! There are certain physical things that I can’t do, but I can use my voice to educate others about the lifestyle and barriers that persons with disabilities face.
3. What advice would you give to younger girls that are also in a wheelchair and considering joining the Ms. Wheelchair America competition?
Do it! It’s not about being the best. It’s about being your best! The pageant helps you learn how to effectively communicate with others and advocate.
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
If I could change anything, I would be a better listener.
5. What was your favorite vacation and why?
My favorite vacation spot is Outer Banks. Every year we go there with my family. I love spending time with them.