1. How would you spend your time if you were locked in an empty room for a day, with no cell phone or TV to distract you?
In a totally empty room? Sleep. Scratch my name in a wall. Maybe sing half the lyrics that I know to a couple of songs.
2. When you dream are you still disabled? Why do you think this might be?
Sometimes. Most of the time I am not paying attention to how I move. Once I realize it however, I am much slower going up any stairs. Haha. I think it’s because I normally don’t pay attention to how I move unless I run across a physical barrier.
3. What is one lesson you have learned as an individual with disability?
Differences bring opportunities. You can use them or waste them.
4. If you had a superpower what would it be and why?
I do have a superpower. My wheelchair makes me a magnet for people’s attention. Other than that... I think being able to refill anything would be useful. Whether it be refilling my fridge, my energy, or my bank account.
5. Can you tell us about your platform or what you like to advocate for?
My platform is: “Where there’s a wheel, there’s a way” and it is about identifying your passions, inviting people to join your cause, and igniting your community behind you.