1. What is your favorite life quote or words of wisdom that you live by?
Keep faith. One day at a time.
2. If you were at a public business and asked for the nearest bathroom and then discovered it was not accessible what would you do? Who would you speak to? What would you tell them?
I would ask for the managers of the facility and encourage them to consider updating their bathrooms to accommodate all customers.
3. What made you decide to want to run for Ms. Wheelchair America?
I’m always up for a new adventure and I thought it would be a great way to meet other women who advocate. Also, I wanted to advocate on a larger platform.
4. Are there any stereotypes or misconceptions about wheelchairs users that you would like to clarify?
We are not confined or defined by our wheelchairs. Instead they give us independence and freedom.
5. If there were no rules in your life for one day and you could be outrageous, what would you do?
I would go skydiving!